The Youth Defense Division specializes in and primarily represents children charged with criminal offenses. We also represent adults charged with offenses involving children. Our division consists of a Director, three team leads, twelve defense attorneys, a paralegal, investigator, two social workers, a mitigation specialist, and two support staff
- Our offices are located at 125 East Court Street on the 9th floor.
- The Hamilton County Juvenile Court is located at 800 Broadway Cincinnati, Ohio. We also have a Public Defender office at 800 Broadway, on the first floor.
- The Hamilton County Juvenile Court Youth Center is located at 2020 Auburn Ave. Cincinnati, Ohio. A staff attorney is at the Youth Center every morning Monday thru Friday, representing children who are detained at their first hearing.*
- The Youth Defense Division represents parents (legal guardians) charged with non-support of their children (dependents) as well as parents charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and child endangerment. If you are in need of an attorney, one can be acquired at the Public Defender office at 800 Broadway on the first floor.
- To provide indigent clients with zealous and competent representation through education, continuous training and vast legal knowledge.
- To always give each child a voice throughout the entire delinquency process.
- To ensure that each child’s statutory and constitutional rights are recognized and protected.
- To advocate for the expressed interests and individualized needs of child clients in support of their future success.
- To address youth justice and combat systemic racism
- To never forget the child comes first.
*Please note that due to COVID-19, representation is currently taking place virtually for this hearing.